Woodhouse Players

A blog for recording the day-to-day news and decisions we (the committe and members) make for the Woodhouse Players, which also provides you a chance to feedback. You don't need an account to post a comment. You can simply select "post anonymously" then sign your name in the post itself. If you have any trouble using the updates board, contact a member of the committee.

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Up and running...

I have just made the new website live at www.woodhouseplayers.co.uk

Your feedback is very welcome. We have "signed off" on the look and feel and navigational structure of the site so these would be hard to change at this stage, but I can change the copy (if you feel it's too long/too short/too serious etc.) and fix specific errors such as typos, inaccuracies, inappropriate content etc. Also interested in your opinions on the particular graphics I have used, as these can fairly easily be swapped out.

A note on the logo: the voting period for a new logo is not yet over, so I have gone with one at random for now out of Nicola's selection, and if that logo isn't selected I will swap it out for whichever one is.

THE NEXT PHASE

The "Long Term Planning" page (based on my discussion document) and "How to run a Woodhouse Show" (based on the guide-for-directors that Liz will be writing) will be launched later in the year. I also need technical specs for the Welsh Church Hall to put on its page on the site. I am also looking into creating a booking form to replace the current booking page, but I don't know how to do form-to-email, so maybe one you guys can help.

I next need to start creating the pages for the previous productions (like the ones I've done for Bird in the Hand and Macbeth). If anyone with a bit of HTML know-how (and either Dreamweaver or Notepad) wants to volunteer to build some of the "past productions" pages based on the newly established template, then I am very open to that!

If you have photos and records of old shows too, then read on...

We will need:

(1) Programmes for all productions back to Spring 2001. At the moment I am missing

- Spring Triple Bill 2004 (Ark Life, All Made Up, Top Girls)
- Spring Triple Bill 2003 (Rosaline, Schrodinger's People, Smoke Rings)
- Swan Lake
- Sense and Sensibility
- Spring Triple Bill 2002 (Interior Designs, Hangin' With Han, Jolly Sinister)
- The Memory of Water

(2) Digital images of the posters all productions back to Spring 2001. At the moment I am missing:

- The Pied Piper
- Swan Lake
- Spring Triple Bill 2001 (Rats, Relics, Behind You)

(3) Digital images (or if necessary analogue ones I can scan) of performances (and rehearsals if you like). I am missing:

All Made Up With Falsies
The Pied Piper (Matt - would you be happy if I downloaded images from the Yahoo group for this?)
Woman in Mind
Hay Fever
Rosaline is Still Alive
Smoke Rings
Schrodinger's People
Swan Lake
Behind You
Relics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home